AvBrand Exploring Technology
What is it?The Adaptive Micro Systems Alpha Sign Communications Library is a simple implementation of the Alpha protocol version 1.0, allowing communications with most "Alpha" signs, such as the one I own.
It makes it simple to program the sign with text, graphics, and strings, and to update the strings programattically as the sign runs.
Revision HistoryVersion 1.1
- Added 'SignSetting' property so you can store custom settings on each Sign object.
- Added some limited support for COM buffering, this isn't really needed.
- Fixed bugs with adding pictures
- Added errors if you try to create a string longer than 125 bytes
- If you try to set a string longer than 125, it crops it.
- Added 'SendBeep' method to make a sign beep on command
- Added a few methods that read data from the signs, such as the error register, and 'check if sign is alive'.
- Support for checksums, but these aren't fully implemented
- The form no longer needs to have the MSComm object on it, but it does need to be referenced, and 'Remove information about unused Active-X Controls' needs to be switched off.
- Initial Release
LicenseThis project is licensed under the GPL. Please post any changes to the source-code online and let me know so I can incorporate your changes into my code.
DownloadDownload the class and a sample VB project here: