- Part 1 - Installation of the Car PC
- Part 2 - Adding a Rear-View Camera
- Part 3 - Time for some Software!
- Part 4 - An LED message sign
- Part 5 - Voice Commands
- Part 6 - Phone Integration
- Part 7 - XM Radio Integration
- Part 8 - Permanent Internet
- Part 9 - Front Camera
- Part 10 - Digital Dash
- Part 11 - Shuttle Jog Wheel
- Frequently Asked Questions
Digital DashboardThis feature is probably one of the least-used additions to my Car PC, but it's worth mentioning anyway.
Most modern cars made in the last 15 years or so have a connector under the dash called the OBD-II connector. This connector offers engine data, status codes, and a ton more stuff like that.
I bought a cheap USB reader and rigged up a basic status display, that shows pretty much the same data as my real dashboard on-screen:
Here's what it looks like while driving: