My Desktop WorkstationMy desktop workstation is where all of the magic you see in my home is created. It's a P4 2.6 HT, with 2gb of ram, 3 video cards and 4 monitors. I've got 5 hard drives, each in it's own individual chassis for cooling and data safety. A backlit keyboard (see below), great mouse, and tons of other stuff complete the setup.
Explore the area by moving your mouse over this picture! (Flash Player 8 required)
Here is a video of the AvKeyLinc software I wrote for my G15 keyboard:
The Touchscreen Machine
This computer has so many functions, it's hard to keep track of them.
- It runs the Touchscreen software, and it's video output is connected to the touchscreen monitor.
- It runs the DoorBuzzer software, and has the hardware hookups (part of the mess of wires) to actually control buttons and lights.
- It runs the voice recognition and text-to-speech software used by the Watch, and is connected to the radio and sound outputs.
- It runs the automation software and interfaces with the X10 ActiveHome Pro unit, used to make Automation in my home work
- It controls the projection screen used in the Media Center of my home.
- The control keyboard (seen in the photo above of my main workstation) is connected to this machine, and used for automation
- ... and more.
Connected to this machine is the interface box seen here:
This interface box allows 8 relays or devices to be controlled via the computer's parallel port.
More to come